Thursday, March 18, 2010

South Region

This was the hardest region to pick because I didn't like any of the teams to make the Final Four. Couldnt Villanova or Baylor swap with Georgetown or Ohio State. Fucking selection committee.
( 1) Duke vs. (16) Arkansas Pine-Bluff – Everybody is picking against Duke this year. Let’s hope that doesn’t mean in this game. Pick: Duke


(8) California vs. (9) Louisville –
Our second Pac-10 team in the tournament and I’m not a big fan. Pitno’s bunch should be able to knock off Cal. That Big East schedule is much harder than playing Oregon, Oregon State and Washington State twice each. Pick: Louisville

(5) Texas A&M vs. (12) Utah St. –
I haven’t seen Texas A&M play much this year. They are probably the team seeded five and lower that I have seen the least of. I still like A&M to knock off Utah State even though it should be a close game. Pick: Texas A&M

(4) Purdue vs. (13) Siena –
I’m actually going to go with the “upset” in this one by picking Purdue. Even Hummel-less, I think the Boilers can pull off a win or two because people forget they did some damage last year during the year when Hummel was hurt. Plus, Siena may be too hot of upset pick to go with. I’ve seen far less brackets picking Purdue to win this one. Pick: Purdue

(6) Notre Dame vs. (11) Old Dominion –
Both teams here are sexy picks. Although don’t tell that to Notre Dame because “Sexy” is not in the vocabulary there. I think this is another popular upset pick that will be spoiled by Notre Dame who is just playing too good right now. Pick: Notre Dame

(3) Baylor vs. (14) Sam Houston St. –
Baylor is the team that seems to have gotten better every day since the brackets were announced. Every “expert” loves Baylor. Why the fuck were they not on TV ever this year if they are so good and exciting to watch? I saw Baylor play two games, both against Texas, but they did look good. Pick: Baylor

(7) Richmond vs. (10)Saint Mary’s
– I like both of these teams, although I’ve only seen Saint Mary’s play once, and that was their dismantling of Gonzaga in the WCC Championship game. I could only watch the second half of that game half-assed because of John Cena running the gauntlet on Monday Night Raw, so I’m going with the Spiders. Pick: Richmond

(2) Villanova vs. (15) Robert Morris
– I feel bad for Robert Morris. I understand Villanova has been struggling as of late, but still, they are too good for one guy named Robert to beat on his own. Pick: Villanova

Second Round
(1) Duke vs. (9) Louisville –
Scary game for the Dukies. Louisville has the talent to beat them, but if Scheyer and Singler shoot half decent they should pull this out and move onto the second weekend, which seems strange for a Duke team as of late. Pick: Duke

(5) Texas A&M vs. (4) Purdue
– I really wanted to pick Purdue in this one, but A&M isn’t Siena. They are a battle tested Big 12 team that I think can exploit the loss of Hummel and send Matt Painter and crew packing. Pick: Texas A&M

(6) Notre Dame vs. (3) Baylor –
This game caught my eye right away and I went with Notre Dame in the upset. Then I listened to the experts jump on the Baylor bandwagon. I got scared and went away from the Irish. If Baylor blows this one I’m coming for you Gottlieb. I don’t even know if Gottlieb pick Baylor, I would just enjoy punching him. Pick: Baylor


(7) Richmond vs. (2) Villanova –
Richmond is a trendy pick to get by the Wildcats, but Scottie Reynolds isn’t on the Taj Gibson “I have secretly been in school for 8 years” plan for nothing. Pick: Villanova

Sweet Sixteen


(1) Duke vs. (5) Texas A&M –
This is where most people see Duke slipping up. Duke looked great in the ACC tournament. Granted, the ACC blows this year, but I think they have enough to beat the Aggies. Pick: Duke

(3) Baylor vs. (2) Villanova - Really hard game to pick. I went back and forth with this one. Villanova is sort of slumping. Baylor is playing hot basketball and has the experts on their side. I decided to with Baylor because for once I want to go against my instincts. Villanova has not covered a lot of spreads for the last few years but I always pick them. For once I’m going against them. This means everybody else should pick Villanova. Pick: Baylor

Elite Eight
(1) Duke vs. (3) Baylor –
If I would have picked Villanova to beat Baylor, I would have ridden them to the Final Four. However, since I picked Baylor, I think Duke will be slapping the floor all the way to Indy. Pick: Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment