Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 2 of 2010 NCAA Tourament

Question: Should I cheer against Tennessee even though I like them so the fans will turn on Bruce Pearl and he can come to Iowa? I mean, they are not going to win any title this season, I say Pearl bows out early then purchases a gold blazer.

On Bill Simmons’ live chat the last two days and in his most recent mailbag he has been discussing the Barbasol commercial that we all know and love. Here in Big Ten Country, we were getting a close shave months ago thanks to the Big Ten Network. We’re ahead of the unintentional comedy curve Iowa! Close shave America, Close shave Barbasollll!

Purdue has a 15 point lead with under 7 minutes, Siena goes on a 12-0 run to cut it to 3 with a minute left. How does this happen? Lewis Jackson, who is 2 for 7 from the line on the year, ON THE YEAR!! Just missed the front end of a 1-and-1, so Matt Painter still has him in the game. Get him on the fucking bench and bring in a guard who can shoot free throws. You are a Big Ten school. You should have backup guards who can break a press and make free throws. Isn’t there the token shooter on the bench who will be automatic for at least 1 out of 2?

I’m glad Purdue won without Hummel. Shut some people up.

As long as it isn’t Illinois I’m usually all for Big Ten teams in the tournament, (I just can’t stand Bruce Weber and his whiney little bitch demeanor), so I was rooting for Michigan State tonight, but MAN what a stupid call on that lane violation. Didn’t know Tim Donaguhay refereed college ball.

Did some Google research, that slug looking thing on Houston’s Aubrey Coleman’s neck is a raised scar. He had a family history of abscesses and had to have surgery. Now, he is the nation’s leading scorer. If he blows up in the pros, how many kids will want raised scars?

Shout out to the Iowa wrestling team. Three years and running. Will Brands rest until he has 10 national champions in all 10 weight classes I think not. Anyway, congratulations Hawks. I love my Hawkeye Wrestling.

Speaking of the wrestling national championships, who’s idea was it for ESPNU to interview the wrestlers seconds after the match. How would these out of shape sideline reporters like it if after running the 9:30 mile at the Y, someone stuck a microphone in their mug when they felt like throwing up. I am waiting for a wrestler to actually throw up on the mic. It will make me happy.

Today on Sportscenter they said something about “Well, Gottlieb said…”. I say: Who the fuck cares what Gottlieb said. He is wrong more often than he is right and even more often than that he doesn’t commit to anything so he round aboutly picks both teams.

Tournament games are more enjoyable with Easter candy. They are less enjoyable when sharing a recliner with my dog when he has bad gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment