Saturday, February 6, 2010

Things I Don't Get

1) Female Announcers




I was watching the Georgetown-Villanova game today on ESPN. At the time Nova was ranked #2 and Georgetown #8. They had a female announcer. COMEON ESPN! You mean to tell me a top-ten battle couldn't get better announcers! She said Scottie Reynolds was "Absolutely not" athletic! I understand she was trying to speak to his work ethic, but I don't think an all-Big East guard is not athletic. I'm not sexist, I'm all for equality. I propose a new law: If a ranked team is playing another ranked team in men's basketball = only men announcers. If two ranked women teams are playing each other = only women announcers. This is only fair. Plus, I'm not going to be watching those women's game anyway most likely so I wont have to listen.




2) Flip Flips

I know I'm in the minority in this one, but raise your hand if you enjoy something being wedged between your toes? No? People don't like that? OK, let's try this, who likes when your shoes are so loose that they slap your feet when you walk? Again? No one? I got one more. When in a wild chase from psycho killers, who likes to run fast without having to take your shoes off? Again nobody? What the heck?!? .... Then why does everybody insist on wearing flip flops whenever the weather is above 40 degrees? I understand their practicality when walking on the beach or perhaps at Wacky Waters Water Park, but other than that give me my Nikes or DC's and lets each release a bull and see who outruns it.





3) "DJ's" in Iowa City


Hey. Hey Bro. Can you play "My Heart Will Go On" By Celine Dion? "Nah, Brah, I'm playing my own remixes tonight". That is a typical conversation I would have with a "DJ" in Iowa City. I have yet to see a DJ in IC using a turn table. I have also noticed that every DJ has the same mixes. Don't pretend I'm not on to your tricks. I know these mixes can be bought for .99 on itunes. You are not Omar Epps from Juice. You are not sitting at home mixing records on your turntable. You have Cd's and Itunes. "Gotta have good transitions bro". Sure transitions are key, but couldn't that be done in one day, but I have noticed the same songs always follow each other which tells me IT IS THE SAME GODDAMN MIX I HEARD LAST WEEK! What makes a good DJ? I'd say playing what the people want. You make one group of people happy for 3 minutes by playing "Rockin the Suburbs" you have done your job as far as I'm concerned. We all know the sluts on the dancefloor are so wasted they will dance to the sound of chickens being slaughtered as long as it has a beat behind it. So fuck your "mixes". If limewire goes under your DJ "career" is over. Quit toting yourself as DJ Skribble 2, nobody wants to hear a mix between Fergie and Gwen Stefani, they are basically the same anyway. Play what people request and everybody will be happier. Better yet, get a touchtunes. Or, even better yet, get Casey Kasem to DJ at your bar. The people get what the want, and I can send a long distance dedication to my girlfriend throwing up in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment